This was my first time uploading a video to YouTube. I was surprised at how easy it was. I took a video I had on my iPhone and uploaded it straight from my phone. I liked that there were different privacy settings--you can make the video available only to people who have the link, or to only a few people. Here is my little sister zip lining across Lake Travis in Austin:
I could use YouTube as a teacher to record lessons that students could watch at home, flipped classroom style. Even if I continued to teach the same lesson in the classroom, the students could use the videos as review. It would also be good for students who are absent.
Students could upload videos of themselves speaking and their classmates could watch and give them feedback. I think it would be good for everyone (both teacher and student) to know what they look like/sound like when they're speaking in front of the class.
A disadvantage of having students upload videos of themselves is of course privacy concerns. A few of my students, particularly my conservative Muslim females, are very concerned with privacy. Some don't even want to share their email address with their classmates, and they refuse to have their picture taken. I can't see these students agreeing to upload videos of themselves onto YouTube. However, I could possibly have them create videos using Animoto or Go!Animate. I hadn't considered this possibility until just now. Hmmm.......
No comments:
Post a Comment