Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thing 6

It took me a while to figure this Thing out.  Once I had gotten my tabs created and organized and I had added content to each one, I tried to make it public so I could post the URL here on my blog.  Then I discovered that my “public” dashboard was something separate from what I had just made, so I had to do it all over again under “public.”  Anyway, here is the link to my public page:

 

I made tabs for: 

-News (including NPR, The New York Times, and The Houston Chonicle among others)
-Education News (including Learning 2.0, Core Competencies and Education Week)
-ESL News (I wasn't able to find RSS feeds where I wanted them.  Also, I usually access relevant journals through the library at Rice or HBU.0
-Entertainment (including The Onion and The Bloggess)

I can see how it would be convenient to look at all of your usual web pages in one spot.  But I found that some of the pages I wanted to add did not have RSS feeds available.  I think Netvibes would be most helpful for companies wanting to keep an eye on their brand name.

1 comment:

  1. I found it convenient too, Troi. Just like there is Tweet Deck. You can use that to view all of your social media in one spot. Love the look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete