Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thing 16

I created my first video, "A Culinary Adventure in Ecuador," on Photo Peach using some photos from my trip to South America.  I loved how easy it was to use this site to make my video!  But for some reason, I wasn't able to embed the video in my blog using the "embed" button.  I'm including a link to my video instead, and I also shared it on Twitter. 

I would definitely feel comfortable asking my students to create a video here.  They could make a video to go with a "how to" paragraph or essay.  They could use it to tell a story.  They could just use it to spice up an oral presentation.  I could use it to introduce just about any topic.  I'm looking forward to using this site in the future.




Final Evaluation 

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
My favorite discoveries were ESLvideo (a Web 2.0 tool), Photo Peach and Pinterest.  I can't wait to use all of these with my students.  

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I feel better equipped to find new tools and resources to use in the classroom.  

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I feel more tech savvy already, just having dabbled in so many different sites.  I didn't think I would enjoy Twitter or Pinterest as much as I do.  I also really enjoyed reading my classmates' blogs.  I feel like I learned a lot from them.  

4. What could I do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

It's a great set-up, with easy-to-understand introductions to each new Thing.  The only real problem I had was that several of the links are broken.  





2 comments:

  1. Man, now I want to go to Ecuador. Can you make some of these things?

    I like the idea of using this to help out in a process essay. Some students have a hard time visualizing a concept and writing about it. That would be really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say... great music pairing! Part of me was like ewww, but the music helped me get through it :). Great job!

    ReplyDelete